Sunday, September 7, 2014

Dear Mama....English Summer Camp

It's been sooo long...once again. I don't know why I take so long to write when I stare at the computer all day (well, most of the day). Last time I wrote, I was anticipating summer camp. Summer camp has come and gone and I had a lot of long nights preparing the activities for it. I think it was successful and I was very proud of myself for being so creative with the materials using the Amazing Race theme. It was a very fun camp, especially with the fourth and fifth graders. I was very disappointed in the sixth graders because, even though 10 students signed up, only 2-3 students came every day and no one came the last day. There doesn't seem to be a penalty in regards to dealing with that situation, which I think is necessary. It really teaches them that breaking their commitments is ok, which I think is a horrible practice (but I can see how it fosters into adulthood here). I talked to my co-teacher about it to make sure I wasn't overreacting, and he said he used to care about it too and called students' parents but because of the lack of support for the summer camps he stopped caring so much.
*aka became detached* Now I understand more why he is the way he is...

Well, let me show you some camp pics!




 

Day 1: American Foot Bag Competition


 

 Day 2: Peru








 






 

   Day 3: Sweden








  

Day 4: Egypt








 

   Day 5: India and Review





No comments:

Post a Comment