Saturday, November 30, 2013

Dear Mama.... Love from Korea (Thanksgiving Week)

December 1, 2013

This was a very non-existent Thanksgiving. It was a nice treat that Thanksgiving was on final exam day at school so I had no classes, just English Ninja, my after school class. It was nice to have that break. I decided to treat myself by going to Krispy Kreme to get a dozen doughnuts. They accidentally gave me 2 dozen. I will be eating doughnuts everyday for the next week. When I saw all the good food people posted on Facebook, though, I did get jealous. Even some of the other English teachers had a get together and cooked food...I was not invited. But I was still thankful!



This weekend, I went with Anakaren to the European Christmas Market in Seoul. It was small but a nice start to the Christmas holiday. I plan on buying tickets to see The Nutcracker to help me get more into the Christmas spirit with no family here. Christmas in Korea is more of a holiday celebrated with friends and significant others, and not so much with family. It will be interesting to experience Christmas away from home and see how into it Korean people really get.



On a side note, there was a cool grocery store in Itaewon that had American food products. I bought a box of really expensive hamburger helper ($7). I was excited about it though and is was worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment